Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most fun you can have with your pants on and your car parked.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Project Classy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EMmxcressi

EMmxcressi

Project Classy Empty
PostSubject: Project Classy   Project Classy I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:58 pm

This will be the build thread of my 1986 mx72 Cressida Wagon. I don't have any stock pictures of it because, well, thats what google is for Smile

We started out by chopping a good 4 1/2 inches off of the front springs and 4 inches in the rear and removing the bump stops in the rear. We also made limiting straps for the rear to keep tension on the springs to prevent them from falling out.

Project Classy DSC_0812-2

Project Classy DSC_0802-1

Project Classy DSC_0817-2

Next I decided to create some kind of temporary boso blaster pipe. With the help of Little Johnny Proffitt and some spare prelude exhaust pieces we found throughout his yard, we made this..
Project Classy Exhaust-1-1

A few weeks later, a volvo lip was picked up from pull-a-part and we painted it and shortened it to fit.
Project Classy Lip1-1

After that I painted the rocker panel from black to white to make the wagon appear lower Wink
Project Classy Rockerpanel-1

The next modification happened on the way to Cordele's Watermelon Capitol Speedway. About 30 minutes into the trip, about to merge onto 285 from 85, all of traffic in my lane came to a complete stop. My old wagon apparently having old wagon brakes didn't quite stop in time and I slid into the back of a ford fusion rental car Sad. Guy called the cops, we waited an hour for them to show up, got a ticket and then we were on our way again.
Project Classy Wreckfront-1
Project Classy Wreckside-1

And now the most recent change ive done to the wagon.. painted the stock wheels to resemble starsharks Smile
Project Classy Wheel-1

This is what the wagon currently looks like.
Project Classy Currentrear-1
Project Classy 29-1

Further plans include lowering it more with camaro shocks, getting some wheels with decent offset, and eventually 5 speed swapping it with a 7m and possibly drifting this old guy.
Back to top Go down
24d

24d

Project Classy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Classy   Project Classy I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 2:56 pm

^swagga wagggggon!
Back to top Go down
southernjake

Project Classy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Classy   Project Classy I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:42 pm

this has a long way to go to be classy. haha
gonna be a cool build tho!
Back to top Go down
EMmxcressi

EMmxcressi

Project Classy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Classy   Project Classy I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:26 am

Its definitely classy. Cressidas were the first lexus. Inside is super classy.

Front is fixed almost like new and blaster pipe has been removed.
Back to top Go down
southernjake

Project Classy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Classy   Project Classy I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Ok that makes it alot more classy. Throw a 2j in it and rock some old school ssrs. That'd be classy as FUCK. haha
Back to top Go down
Oz10
Admin
Oz10

Project Classy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Classy   Project Classy I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 4:14 pm

Those wheels look awesome painted! Nice job
Back to top Go down
http://prettytoohammered.com
dagnisaun

dagnisaun

Project Classy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Classy   Project Classy I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:42 pm

lookin good!
Back to top Go down
EMmxcressi

EMmxcressi

Project Classy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Classy   Project Classy I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 2:28 pm

thanks guys. this is probably gonna be off the road for awhile though so i can get to work on my new drift car. swore i'd never get a 240 but im now the owner of one haha. gonna start running events and what not. build thread will come as soon as i get started on it.
Back to top Go down
24d

24d

Project Classy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Classy   Project Classy I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:24 pm

ohemmgee 240 say wuuuut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Project Classy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Classy   Project Classy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project Classy
Page 1 of 1